4. Learning-focused culture: Develop a culture that is focused on learning, and is characterised by respect, inclusion, empathy, collaboration and safety.
- Develop learning-focused relationships with learners, enabling them to be active participants in the process of learning, sharing ownership and responsibility for learning.
- Foster trust, respect and cooperation with and among learners so that they experience an environment in which it is safe to take risks.
- Demonstrate high expectations for the learning outcomes of all learners, including for those learners with disabilities or learning support needs.
- Manage the learning setting to ensure access to learning for all and to maximise learners’ physical, social, cultural and emotional safety.
- Create an environment where learners can be confident in their identities, languages, cultures and abilities.
- Develop an environment where the diversity and uniqueness of all learners are accepted and valued.
- Meet relevant regulatory, statutory and professional requirements.