Sunday, September 27, 2015

Unconference Webinar

What?



A couple of weeks ago I offered to participate in a VLN unconference webinar. I hadn't done anything like this in a while and it appealed to me because of the the learning I had done recently around the use of Storybird so I was able to share that fairly simply using the the work and images that I had already put together.

Storybird Unconference Webinar

Click on the image to take you to the show notes from the webinar.

And here is the link to the webinar itself.

So what?
  • I see in the Practising Teacher Criteria there isn't really anything that takes us into the R- Redefinition part of the SAMR model. I think we should share our reflections and resources more.
  • I have been dismayed recently by blatant thieving channelled through the NZ Teachers' Primary School Facebook page. I think we need to share our work ethically and responsibly though and the VLN is a good place to do this.
  • I was dismayed also at the negative reaction to my comment for the teacher who got people to give her paid resources that she was not entitled to.


Now what?

  • I think more people still need to share more of their practice and participating in these sorts of things gives us the courage to do more, share more.
This work helps to evidence PTC 1

Criteria PTC1

Establish and maintain effective professional relationships focused on the learning and well-being of ākonga.

Key Indicators:

Engage in ethical, respectful, positive and collaborative professional relationships with:

• teaching colleagues, support staff and other professionals
• agencies, groups and individuals in the community

No comments:

Post a Comment